Today is the last day of National Park week and being a nature lover, I can’t miss the opportunity to celebrate the week by revisiting some memories. We also had Earth day on 22nd April, even though this time we couldn’t celebrate or participate in any event, we bought some indoor/outdoor plants from local nursery.
Below are some pictures from the National Parks we visited in recent years :-
1. Rocky Mountain National Park :- First national park we visited in Colorado state. Beauty of park is unmatchable. Surrounded by two beautiful towns – Grand lake and Estes park and having visitor center at an elevation of 11,796′ which is highest among all parks, makes it unique in every term.
2. Badlands National Park :- True to its name, this park is scattered in a dry bad land with very less vegetation in South Dakota state. Patterns on the hills along with various hiking trails makes it very unique . Proximity to Mount Rushmore and Wall drug is a plus for those interested in long trips.
3. Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park :- Second national park of Colorado, justifies its name. Canyon is very dark due to poor sunlight it receives, but views are just breathtaking. Steep valleys make it heaven for expert rock climbers. To know more, check out :- Black Canyon
4. Great Sand Dunes National Park :- We were not aware of such nature’s wonder before visiting this national park. This national park of Colorado has the tallest dunes in North America. Great place for hiking, sandboarding or just enjoying the rough and dry nature of the place. To find out more :- Sand Dunes
5. Yellowstone National Park :- One of the most popular and oldest national park of USA is famous for its active volcanos, geysers, rich wildlife and eternal beauty. This park has so many thing to offer that you need to plan properly to make most out of your trip. Without any doubt, it’s the most popular place of Wyoming state.
6. Grand Teton National Park :- We visited this beautiful park this year only. Park is very small in comparison to Yellowstone, but equal in beauty. Summer and Winter both offer different views each unique in its own way. Teton mountain range is so beautiful that you can’t take your eyes off from it. In the state of Wyoming, close to Jackson Hole it’s a perfect destination for nature lovers. To know more :- Jackson Hole
We wish to cover more national parks and would urge our readers to explore these beautiful places as well.
How many parks have you visited so far ? Which one is your favorite and Why ?
Happy Reading ! Keep Traveling !!!